Spokane Washington Temple
59th operating temple
Physical Address13710 East Belle Terre Avenue
Spokane, Washington 99037
Mailing AddressP.O. Box 141420
Spokane, WA 99214-1420
Announcement: 13 August 1998
Groundbreaking and Site Dedication: 10 October 1998 by F. Melvin Hammond
Public Open House: 6–14 August 1999
Dedication: 21–23 August 1999 by Gordon B. Hinckley
Site: 2 acres.
Exterior Finish: Granite.
Ordinance Rooms: Two ordinance rooms (two-stage progressive) and two sealing.
Total Floor Area: 10,700 square feet.
The Spokane Washington Temple was the second temple built in the state of Washington, following the Seattle Washington Temple (1980).
In March 2009, nearly a decade after its dedication, the Spokane Washington Temple received a new angel Moroni statue atop its spire. Instead of facing east as the original statue did, this statue was positioned facing west—the same orientation as the temple.
On August 22, 2009, in commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the Spokane Washington Temple, members of the Spokane Washington East Stake ensured that every seat in every session was filled the entire day.