Columbus Ohio Temple
60th operating temple
Physical Address3870 Gateway Boulevard
Columbus, Ohio 43228
Mailing Address1935 Marblecliff Crossing Ct
Columbus, OH 43204-4968
Announcement: 25 April 1998
Groundbreaking and Site Dedication: 12 September 1998 by John K. Carmack
Public Open House: 21–28 August 1999
Dedication: 4–5 September 1999 by Gordon B. Hinckley
Site: 1.35 acres.
Exterior Finish: Imperial Danby White variegated marble quarried from Vermont.
Ordinance Rooms: Two ordinance rooms (two-stage progressive) and two sealing.
Total Floor Area: 10,700 square feet.
The Columbus Ohio Temple is located 150 miles south of Kirtland, Ohio, where the restored Church dedicated its first temple in 1836. The temple stands in a wooded area of western Columbus adjacent to a meetinghouse in the Columbus Ohio Stake. The beautiful white Vermont marble facing on the exterior was quarried near Sharon, Vermont, the birthplace of the Prophet Joseph Smith.