Star Valley Wyoming Temple
Following is a collection of news items that have appeared on the News page for the Star Valley Wyoming Temple. To share your latest news for the temple, please send an e-mail.
Recent News Stories
- April 26, 2015 - LDS Church breaks ground for first temple in Wyoming
- April 25, 2015 - LDS Church breaks ground on new temple in Afton
- April 25, 2015 - Ground Broken for Star Valley Wyoming Temple
- April 25, 2015 - Streaming video: Long-awaited Star Valley Wyoming Temple groundbreaking
- April 25, 2015 - Ground broken for Star Valley Temple
- April 25, 2015 - LDS Church breaks ground on Wyoming temple
- April 25, 2015 - VIDEO: Star Valley Temple groundbreaking
- April 24, 2015 - PODCAST: Star Valley Wyoming Temple groundbreaking
- April 23, 2015 - Temple groundbreaking to be broadcast
- March 11, 2015 - Temple plans presented to town
- February 28, 2015 - Groundbreaking On First Mormon Temple In Wyoming Announced
- February 26, 2015 - Location for Afton Wyoming temple announced
- February 25, 2015 - LDS Church announces long-anticipated groundbreaking for Wyoming Temple
- February 25, 2015 - Star Valley Temple groundbreaking is April 25
- February 25, 2015 - Groundbreaking Planned for First Wyoming Temple
- February 18, 2015 - Plan review and building permit for LDS temple moving forward
May 20, 2015
Star Valley Temple FootingsWith excavation complete for the Star Valley Wyoming Temple, forms are being set in place for pouring the footings.
May 11, 2015
Star Valley Temple ExcavationOnly two weeks have passed since the Star Valley Wyoming Temple groundbreaking, and excavation for the foundation is already well underway.
April 25, 2015
Thousands Gather for Groundbreaking Services in Star ValleyThe little town of Afton, Wyoming, filled with thousands of residents and guests today who came to witness the groundbreaking ceremony for the Star Valley Wyoming Temple.
April 20, 2015
Groundbreaking PreparationsIn anticipation of this Saturday's groundbreaking ceremony for the Star Valley Wyoming Temple, a shovel-turning plot has been prepared at the site just off Highway 89.
March 26, 2015
An Open Invitation to the Star Valley Temple GroundbreakingThe presidency of the Afton Wyoming Stake has issued an open invitation to all who wish to participate in the Star Valley Wyoming Temple groundbreaking ceremony on Saturday, April 25, at 2:00 p.m. The services will also be broadcast to the Afton Tabernacle for those with special needs.
March 12, 2015
Star Valley Building Permit ApprovedAt the Town Council meeting held in Afton, Wyoming, on Tuesday afternoon, a building permit was approved for the Star Valley Wyoming Temple.
February 25, 2015
Star Valley Temple GroundbreakingThe First Presidency has announced that the groundbreaking ceremony for the Star Valley Wyoming Temple will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2015.
February 18, 2015
Star Valley Wyoming Temple Gaining TractionThe recent application for building permits with the Town of Afton for the Star Valley Wyoming Temple has given Saints hope that construction is not far off. Final site and building blueprints are on file with the Town. Plans for the temple were announced in the October 2011 General Conference.
May 25, 2012
Star Valley Temple Location AnnouncedChurch officials have identified the site for the Star Valley Wyoming Temple as east of U.S. Highway 89 on the Haderlie Farm property south of Afton. Construction is expected to last two years.
May 12, 2012
Variance Approved for Star Valley TempleOn May 8, 2012, the Afton Town Council unanimously approved a variance to permit the spire of the proposed Star Valley Wyoming Temple to exceed zoning height restrictions.