Star Valley Wyoming Temple
Following is a collection of news items that have appeared on the News page for the Star Valley Wyoming Temple. To share your latest news for the temple, please send an e-mail.
Recent News Stories
- February 28, 2015 - Groundbreaking On First Mormon Temple In Wyoming Announced
- February 26, 2015 - Location for Afton Wyoming temple announced
- February 25, 2015 - LDS Church announces long-anticipated groundbreaking for Wyoming Temple
- February 25, 2015 - Star Valley Temple groundbreaking is April 25
- February 25, 2015 - Groundbreaking Planned for First Wyoming Temple
- February 18, 2015 - Plan review and building permit for LDS temple moving forward
February 25, 2015
Star Valley Temple GroundbreakingThe First Presidency has announced that the groundbreaking ceremony for the Star Valley Wyoming Temple will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2015.
February 18, 2015
Star Valley Wyoming Temple Gaining TractionThe recent application for building permits with the Town of Afton for the Star Valley Wyoming Temple has given Saints hope that construction is not far off. Final site and building blueprints are on file with the Town. Plans for the temple were announced in the October 2011 General Conference.
May 25, 2012
Star Valley Temple Location AnnouncedChurch officials have identified the site for the Star Valley Wyoming Temple as east of U.S. Highway 89 on the Haderlie Farm property south of Afton. Construction is expected to last two years.
May 12, 2012
Variance Approved for Star Valley TempleOn May 8, 2012, the Afton Town Council unanimously approved a variance to permit the spire of the proposed Star Valley Wyoming Temple to exceed zoning height restrictions.