Nauvoo Illinois Temple
Following is a collection of news items that have appeared on the News page for the Nauvoo Illinois Temple. To share your latest news for the temple, please send an e-mail.
Recent News Stories
- June 15, 2015 - LDS youths build 27-foot Nauvoo Temple replica
- March 17, 2015 - LDS mother living in China adds Nauvoo Temple to toy brick set
- January 21, 2015 - Man charged with damaging Nauvoo temple property
- October 8, 2014 - Hancks to Speak about Nauvoo's First Temple Oct. 14
- August 19, 2014 - Gifts of Love to Nauvoo
July 12, 2010
Nauvoo Pageant: A Tribute to Joseph SmithThrough the end of July, performances of the Nauvoo Pageant will be held just 2 blocks west of the Nauvoo Illinois Temple every Tuesday through Saturday evening. The pageant is a glimpse of the sacrifice and faith of those special settlers who came to Nauvoo and built a city from a swamp.
July 7, 2009
Nauvoo Pageant Performances Begin TonightCelebrating the legacy of the early Latter-day Saints whose faith brought them to a bend in the Mississippi River, the Nauvoo Pageant is a free musical production open to anyone who wishes to taste of the joy and sorrows of the Nauvoo Saints. Performances run Tuesday–Saturday until August 1.
"Just as our Redeemer gave His life as a vicarious sacrifice for all men, and in so doing became our Savior, even so we, in a small measure, when we engage in proxy work in the temple, become as saviors to those on the other side."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
NOT an official website of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints